Issue: February 1997
Dawn Of Humans Map
Purchase Product :
Please select map format:
31″ x 20″
Laminated – $39.95 Add to Cart
Paper – $29.95 Add to Cart
Dawn Of Humans Map
Item#: X NGC 021997a
This fascinating map contains a wealth of information on our quest to discover the history of our prehistoric ancestors including fossil sites, information on significant hominid finds, and the challenges researchers face. Published in February 1997 with the “Seeking Our Origins” companion map, this work also includes maps which show the vegetation zones 125,000 years ago, 65,000 years ago, and today.
The 1997 Dawn of Humans map features:
• Maps of Africa, Eurasia, and Australia showing vegetation zones 125,000 years ago, 65,000 years ago, and today
• Map of Africa showing sites of significant hominid finds
• An illustration of the Olduvai Gorge made from an aerial photograph showing sites of hominid fossil, tool, or fauna finds
• Hominid fossil sites which include anatomically modern Homo sapiens, Neandertal, archaic Homo sapiens, and Homo erectus, Homo ergaster and Homo habilis
• An abundance of information about the search for mans ancestors, fossil finds, climate changes and their affect on early man and on researchers ability to find fossils, and more
Coverage Area: Africa, Eurasia, Australia
More Product Details
This map requires 2 business days to print and laminate prior to shipping.
Appearing in the February 1997 issue of the National Geographic Magazine, this Dawn Of Humans map has been reproduced from its original cartography in order to bring to life a beautiful poster previously only seen in National Geographic Magazine. This reproduction holds true to the high standards that National Geographic Maps are known for.
Perfect for home, office or classroom, this map also makes a great gift. Map collectors will surely want to add this map to their library.
The Paper version is printed on high quaility semi-gloss paper, perfect for framing.
The Laminated version uses 3mm laminate on both sides for durability, is easy to clean and markable.
From the National Geographic Classic Maps collection, this reproduction is just one of hundreds of titles available here. These maps are Printed on Demand. Sizes are approximate and may vary due to the nature of the trimming and laminating processes.