The first complete map of Cuba from the National Geographic Society in over 100 years! This highly detailed map of Cuba was personally overseen by Juan Valdés, the Geographer and Director of Editorial and Research for NG Maps. What makes Mr. Valdés so uniquely qualified for this particular project, is that he was a child immigrant from Cuba. The convergence of his high qualifications and the desperate need for an up-to-date authoritative Cuba map has come together for this fantastic product.
The most accurate and richly detailed reference map available for the iconic Caribbean island nation, complete with world recognized border bands in a bright and appealing color palette with striking blue oceans on a crisp white background.
Cuba's many offshore islands, reefs, and rivers are noted, as are sites of interest. Ocean bathymetry with depth curves and soundings, peak elevations, and handcrafted shaded relief provide topographical detail. Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, the Florida Keys, and most of the Bahamas and Haiti are shown, presenting Cuba in the context of its important geographical position in the Caribbean.
This Cuba Map features:
• Sites of interest including national parks and reserves
• Geographic equivalents provide translations from Spanish to English
• Transportation detail including highways, roads, canals, ferry routes, and airports
• Geographical detail including mountain relief, swamps, and coastal reefs
• Elevations, depth curves, and soundings
• Coverage includes Havana, Pinar del Rio, Baracoa, Trinidad, Caya Largo, Santa Clara, Varadero, Isla de la Juventad