This attractive physical map of the Indian Ocean floor appeared in the June 1992 issue of National Geographic. It contains an article entitled "Changing the Face of Earth" and additional information on continental drift. The map's detail of such submarine terrain as fracture zones, basins, and ridges is stunning. A wonderful companion to the ocean floor map of the Pacific Ocean which appeared in the same issue.The 1992 Indian Ocean map features:
• Ocean floor illustrated in stunning relief
• Ocean depths noted
• Names of submarine terrain as well as major geographic regions
• An article entitled "Changing the Face of Earth"
• An illustration of continental drift
• An inset map showing the Indian Ocean plates
Coverage Area: Indian Ocean, Philippine Sea, South China Sea, Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea