This historic map of the Eastern Hemisphere simulates the illuminated mariners charts of the 17th Century. The original murals, painted by N.C. Wyeth, are in Hubbard Hall at the National Geographic Society headquarters.The 1928 "Map of Discovery: Eastern Hemisphere" map features:
• Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
• Illuminated mariners chart style
• Present-day political boundaries
• Traces the routes of the great discoverers
• Margins depict the forces of nature in the style of the 16th Century
Coverage Area: Eastern Hemisphere, including Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia.
This Mounted Map is a fine art plaque that consists of your selected map printed on art print paper with a heat activated adhesive that adheres the map to a piece of MDF wood. A UV Blocking Laminate is added on top for protection (but not for dry erase).Click here to download sample images