Mounted on wood material with beveled edges, similar to a plaque, choose from four colors to make this Mounted Wall Map of The World, 1935 the perfect custom map for home, office, or classroom.
National Geographic published this classic world map in December 1943, in the midst of WWII. Compared to many of the other world maps by the National Geographic Society, this one had a decidedly dark cast, possibly a reflection of the tone of discouragement felt by many as the War continued on. A perfect companion to the World maps of 1951 and 1970.The 1943 World map features:
• International boundaries as of Sept. 1, 1939
• Insets for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
• An inset showing the world alliances during WWI
• An inset showing the alliances in WWII as of the publication of this map
• Classic colorization depicting mountain ranges and areas of high elevation
• Ocean currents and time zones
Coverage Area: The World, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Oceania, Antarctica.
This Mounted Map is a fine art plaque that consists of your selected map printed on art print paper with a heat activated adhesive that adheres the map to a piece of MDF wood. A UV Blocking Laminate is added on top for protection (but not for dry erase).Click here to download sample images